New South Wales COVID Update, 26 June 2021
24 hours later and the situation has changed again.
From 6 pm tonight, 26 June, 2021, until midnight on Friday, 9 July, ALL of Greater Sydney, the Blue Mountains, the Central Coast and Wollongong will be under stay at home orders.
This means residents will only be able to leave home for 4 reasons:
- Work or education that you cannot do from home.
- To seek medical attention.
- To exercise outdoors (groups of 10 or less).
- For care or compassionate grounds.
Work can continue if it cannot be completed from home and as long as it is not listed on the "places that are closed" on the New South Wales government website.
Construction and Manufacturing industries can continue to operate as long as you:
- Follow the 4 square meter rule wherever possible.
- Follow all other COVID-19 hygiene rules and restrictions while travelling to and from work and whilst at work.
- Wear a mask at all times unless you are working alone in an area or are alone in a work vehicle.
You may continue to travel to and from home for work if you are unable to work from home, but you must comply with all other stay at home orders until midnight, 9 July.
Greater Sydney rules and restrictions | NSW Government
Regional NSW will now also need to follow the restrictions of:
- No more than 5 visitors in your home (this does not include workers).
- Masks need to be worn at all times when indoors except for in your place of residence.
The situation is changing very rapidly so please check the websites regularly and I will send updates as soon as further information is released. If there is anything that I or the AGWA team can do to help please do not hesitate to ask.
Take care, stay safe and look after each other.
National Industry Development Manager
Australian Glass and Window Association